Thursday, October 25, 2007

Featured Artist: Sarah Claire Ahlers

Sarah Claire Ahlers is a Boston-based photographer currently working on long-term photography projects. She will be featured in an upcoming Exposure Project exhibition at the Arlington Center for the Arts, showing work from series of landscape photographs that represent people through the depiction of their belongings. Sarah Claire makes thoughtful, autobiographical photographs that speak as much to her own history as they do to the history of the places she captures. As Sarah Claire states:

I photograph found items, places, collections and sometimes what is discarded to make a picture of what I think they are. My influences stem from my experiences of home life; the pictures I make are often illustrative of my family.








All photographs © Sarah Claire Ahlers