Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gregg Evans' The Things I Once Owned

Gregg Evans recently e-mailed me with some work from his new series The Things I Once Owned. Evans explains:


"The project consists of photographs I took of some of the objects I had collected in my parents attic since I had moved away from home after High School, which had to be thrown out or given away after my father lost his job and my parents were suddenly faced with the prospect of moving out of their house this past June. The images were taken over the course of one month, as I helped my parents sort through they're belongings and begin to give away many years of possessions. I like to think of the photographs as monuments to a not so distant past, and our insatiable desire to collect things, however insignificant."


From "The Things I Once Owned"
© Gregg Evans



From "The Things I Once Owned"
© Gregg Evans



From "The Things I Once Owned"
© Gregg Evans



From "The Things I Once Owned"
© Gregg Evans



From "The Things I Once Owned"
© Gregg Evans